Interestingly, I stopped consuming creamer since the holidays, and started drinking my tea straight. The plant-based creamers affected my digestion negatively, e.g. tremendous bloating. After work, this Friday, I stopped in Whole Foods, and noticed a new type and brand of creamer (See video below). It was labeled as a #superfood with #adaptogens.
Superfoods in the creamer:
- Mushroom. While they do not have phytonutrients, because they are not plants, they do contain tremendous amounts of B vitamins, fiber, iron, potassium, and are fat and cholesterol free
- Coconut milk. It is an excellent source of fiber, amino acids, magnesium, potassium, and electrolytes
- Seaweed. It has various vitamins: B, C, E, and K, omega-3, protein, amino-acids, polyphenols, and 10 times more minerals than land-based plants
Adaptogens (herbs, roots, plant substances, e.g. mushrooms that helps manage stress and maintain balance) in the creamer:
- Chaga mushrooms: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-cancer, lowers blood sugar and cholesterol
- Lion’s Mane mushrooms: Disease-fighting, anti-cancer, anti-microbial, and antioxidant, possibly protects nerve disease and decline.